Thursday 6 November 2008

Being a responsible parent!

So I'm here at 7.45pm, trying to watch Eastenders and also trying to get rid of the remnants of supper, trying to get out the door to go to my daughter's school parent committee meeting, and most importantly - writing this! I think it's quite funny that they asked me to be on the 'board' of the committee. I don't do very much but sit in meetings and eat stale biscuits and nod my head when appropriate. But if they didn't have enough parents on the board then the school wouldn't be able to operate - so it's all in a good cause. I never realised that being a parent would bring these types of responsibilities and roles - did you? But I like it - it opens new doors and introduces new faces and friends. It also means I have to trudge out into the winter cold at 8pm when I'd far rather be ensconced on the sofa watching TV. It's been a long day.

No comments: