Wednesday 26 November 2008

When did you last read a good book?

This post has been inspired by another post in another blog, of which I am a fan and avid reader - http://badmuthablogger.com/. She tells of how she used to read books - you know, novels, romances, mysteries, Harry Potter.... they've got pages and sometimes pictures. And you can escape and lose yourself in wonderful stories. I used to read a lot too... but since having my little girl I have read ONE BOOK. Yes one. It was an excellent book though. A Thousand Splendid Suns. I highly recommend it. But since then I haven't had the time or energy to even pick up and read the back cover of a book.... I read and research for work. I read bank statements and letters from the council office telling me they haven't received my latest cheque; I read to my daughter and I seem to read food labels... but I don't read books anymore. I'm going to put it on my New Years Resolutions list - Read more books. One a month. Where will the time come from?!

No comments: