Sunday 9 November 2008

Wet and windy weekend

Well what a washout. What do you do when you're tired, got a hyper active 2 year old at home, and it's pouring with rain and blowing a hooley? It's been one of those weekends. We are blessed to have a large sitting room and so we made an exciting indoor play den with bean bags, cushions, duvets etc. It was hilarious actually. I wasn't feeling very well - tired and feeling quite queasy so I just chilled on the sofa - I managed to watch Harry Potter, Daylight and Midsomer Murders back to back. Must be a record. I dont' think I've watched that much TV since giving birth! Indulgent as it was, I loved it! And feel much better today.

I'm still nervous about my Treasurer position for a number of reasons. I'll go into it at a later date. I seem to have a lot on my hands at the moment and no let up during the day, and usually so tired in the evenings... plus I try to keep my evenings to be with my husband and have some together time. If we don't spend time together we drift apart so it's important to work hard at the marriage too. It's hard to keep things in balance and I always strive to try and keep everything on an even keel, but it's a constant struggle.

Got lots to look forward to though - going hunting (apologies to you who may be anti, but we only follow a trail) next Saturday. Hoping to see Bond tomorrow night - my belated birthday treat from James... I wonder if it'll happen!? Ever the pessimist! I might treat myself to an eyelash tint this week too - I look like an albino. Hideous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad I missed out on the British weather! Sound's like you had fun though!