Thursday 6 November 2008

Me and my big mouth

As you may know, it was the local pre school committee meeting last night. I finally rolled home at 10.20pm, shattered, brain numb and also quite concerned. One of the first points on the agenda was that our Treasurer had decided to call it a day. So I, trying to have a voice in the meeting, asked, "Who's going to take over from her?". Eight pairs of eyes all on me.... "You asked the question", they all all chorus. Oh help. I'm the new treasurer. It's like a life sentence. I barely passed Maths GCSE. At intermediate level! Apparently all I need to do is put SAGE on my computer - I thought Sage was a herb? Dear God this could be very bad. What if no one ever gets paid again and I get jailed for stealing company money!? I'm going to need some serious tuition. Hell. As if I haven't enough to do already. Not only am I a full time mummy, but I also juggle 4 jobs - thankfully all from home. Do I really have the time and inclination to be an accountant? I'm trying to be positive - if the school doesn't have a committee and associated team then the school can't run. So it's doing my bit isn't it. Roll on the Christmas Bingo night and the mulled wine.... or is that not a good idea if I'm in charge of the money?

No comments: